ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
The Senior Laboratory Support Operative role consolidates and expands existing skills gained as a Lab Support Operative and incorporates an in depth understanding of Material, Sample and Equipment processes. You will support, train and mentor the Junior Lab Support Operative(s) and Lab Support Operative(s) under the guidance of the Facilities Supervisor. You will also deputise for the Facilities Supervisor where required and may take on a specialism within the Operations Support Team. As Senior Laboratory Support Operative you are responsible for scheduling both your own and the teams’ workload in collaboration with the Facilities Supervisor.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
Operational Support (Materials, Procurement, Facilities & Samples)
• Prepare and review well designed, and formatted documentation for the purposes of, but not limited to Facilities Management, SOP’s, Validation, Customer Samples, Materials and Equipment.
• Identify and lead on implementing significant changes to Material Management, Procurement Management, Facilities Management and Sample Management processes.
• Understand and follow procedures relating to
• Material receipt, procurement, storage, and stock management,
• Facilities Management,
• Laboratory Equipment Maintenance
• and Customer samples.
• Take the lead on troubleshooting and providing corrective actions and advice.
• Define, implement, and deliver departmental training to colleagues across the business, providing effective feedback throughout. Training includes, but not limited to; preparation of documentation, troubleshooting and corrective actions/advice.
• Support the Facilities Supervisor with managing of projects and workloads, actively managing own workload and that of the team.
• Deputise and delegate in the absence of the Facilities Supervisor.
• Contribute to induction training plans and performance reviews of the team.
• Mentor and support new members and junior members of the team.
• Be an active role model to ensure quality and standards are maintained within the team and department.
• Contribute, and where necessary lead complex process improvements within the scope of the QMS.
• Contribute and where necessary lead the completion of Risk Assessments, Deviations and CAPAs with support from the Quality Team.
Health and Safety
• Follow all Health and Safety procedures and provide guidance and support to team members where necessary.
• Ensure health and safety policies are maintained to minimise risk in the workplace including preparation of COSHH and risk assessments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
We would like you to have the following:
• 5 x A - C National 5’s or equivalent (incl. maths and a science).
• Previous experience working within a fast-paced operations team or regulated environment is essential.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behaviours, we would like you to be:
• Highly organised, be productive with the ability to deliver your work on time and to a high standard.
• Engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
• Friendly with a helpful attitude, always looking to identify new areas where the Facilities team can support and add value to the Operations teams to improve efficiencies.
• Self-aware, have emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective. • A team player to learn, grow and share best practice with colleagues.
• Focused and have a strong attention for detail. • Of a curious mindset, question, listen and enhance your own understanding of what we do.
• Contribute to continuous improvement within the business. • Customer focused with the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
• A champion for learning and development for yourself and others in support of employee development.
• Accountable with ownership for the tasks trained in and for delivery.
• Flexible and adaptable.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
• Starting salary of £24,125, which is linked to performance related pay.
• 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
• Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
• Flexible working.
• Yearly Audible subscription.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• On-site car parking.
• Free Healthy Snacks.
• Merit Award Recognition Scheme.
• The opportunity to join several committees or focus groups (Employee Engagement, Wellness, Recognition, Health & Safety or Social Committee).