ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
The Junior Study Scientist is our entry level study scientist role within the business. You will receive all the required training under the guidance of a Senior Study Scientist which will allow you to broaden your scientific knowledge alongside developing a wide range of practical laboratory techniques over several different areas and in turn be competent in performing assays across our operations team. Your main responsibility will be in ensuring that the customer projects you work on are performed in the laboratory to the highest possible standard which in turn delivers high quality data to our customers. Once full training and probation is complete, you will participate in our weekend on call rota.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
• Generate high-quality data whilst adhering to assay paperwork.
• Prepare basic cell culture and cell preparation.
• Preparation of samples and reagents for assays.
• Perform bioanalytical and cell-based assays.
• Prepare reagents according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or as directed by an appropriate member of the team.
• Prepare and aliquoting of customer samples.
• Communicate assay completion and data completion with the project’s key stakeholders.
• Maintain an open communication with the Study Manager and/or Senior Study Scientist during assay performance to identify potential issues/errors in real time to allow efficient troubleshooting.
• Ensure smooth running of the laboratory by maintaining the set high standards of cleanliness and organisation.
• Use and complete analytical procedures (APs) and laboratory documentation as directed by the Study Manager.
• Support with the preparation of APs or laboratory documentation.
• Perform data analysis of our standard assays by means of data templates, with support from the Senior Study Scientist.
• Interpret the data on assay completion to assess the assay performance (pass or fail) and discuss any point of interest.
• Perform data integrity checks as instructed by the APs, laboratory documentation or Study Manager.
• Adhere to the standard practices as set out by our internal Quality team.
• Adhere to good documentation practices
• Participate in and contribute to quality events when required, e.g. deviations and risk assessments.
• Contribute to and help drive our continuous improvement culture by voicing ideas about changes and improvements
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
We would like you to have the following:
• A BSc or MSc Degree in a relevant biological or pharmaceutical field or a relevant diploma in the field coupled with at least 2 years’ experience working in a laboratory environment.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behaviours, we would like you to be:
• Able to prioritise day to day work without supervision.
• Highly organised, be productive with the ability to deliver your work on time and to a high standard.
• Friendly with a helpful attitude, always looking to identify areas where the Study Scientist team can support and add value to the Operations teams to improve efficiencies.
• Self-aware, have emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective.
• Engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
• A team player to learn, grow and share best practice with colleagues.
• Focused and have a strong attention for detail.
• Of a curious mindset, question, listen and enhance your own understanding of what we do.
• Contribute to continuous improvement within the business.
• Customer focused with the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
• A champion for learning and development for yourself in support of employee development.
• Accountable with ownership for all tasks trained in and for delivery.
• Flexible and adaptable.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
• Starting salary of £24,125, which is linked to performance related pay.
• 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
• Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
• Flexible working.
• Yearly Audible subscription.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• On-site car parking.
• Free Healthy Snacks.
• Merit Award Recognition Scheme.
• The opportunity to join several committees or focus groups (Employee Engagement, Wellness, Recognition, Health & Safety or Social Committee).