ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
As a Senior Study Scientist, you will be a technical specialist within at least one specific subject area of Translational Immunology, Bioassay or SPR. You'll be responsible for conceptualizing technical projects and working closely with the Study Manager to ensure that customer studies meet the intended objective. You'll also lead a small team of expertly trained Study Scientists working on projects across a range of subject areas, ensuring that the customer study’s objectives are achieved. Once full training and probation is complete, you will participate in our weekend on call rota.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
• Lead and develop the team to ensure excellent performance standards in the assays within our Operations team.
• Oversee and ensure that high laboratory standard practice and etiquette is achieved and maintained.
• Lead on the development of novel assays and studies as required.
• Lead in the transfer of a qualified new assay from R&D to Operations.
• Provide technical expertise across relevant scientific areas to Operations and other departments.
• Be the key instrument specialist on critical equipment, troubleshooting equipment issues as and when they arise.
• Support with assay performance in conjunction with the study team.
• Maintain a sufficient level of trained operators to allow efficient capacity planning for customer projects.
• Continually communicate assay progress and data quality as part of a study team.
• Engage and escalate the reporting of any equipment issues with the Operational Support Team.
• Coordinate with study teams on projects to support with their smooth running and completion.
• Actively contribute to senior level meetings on a regular basis.
• Contribute to technical discussions with customers as required.
• Set up and create training modules for new equipment ensuring operations staff are effectively trained in its use.
Data Analysis and Interpretation
• Provide direction and guidance for data analysis and data interpretation for assays across the scientific areas.
• Design analytical procedures and templates on relevant equipment and software.
• Support the analytical development of Scientists and Study Managers.
• Proactively offer guidance or direction on study progress or assay development.
• Contribute to decisions/discussions about assay design for projects which are data driven.
• Prepare and review custom lab documentation, standard Analytical Procedures, Study Protocols and Study Reports, as well as equipment and data analysis software-specific methods.
• Review the technical execution of projects - including assay design, optimisation and development when required.
• Undertake recruitment and selection of new team members when needed to maintain resource and the high level of technical knowledge in the team.
• Maintain the level of communication required with your core team to encourage open communication.
• Adhere to practices as set out in our HR policies.
• Manage the performance of your team by holding regular 1 to 1 meetings to ensure they meet their goals and objectives.
• Provide an encouraging and positive environment for developing your teams individual career goals.
• Ensure team compliance is maintained to the standard practices set out by the company’s Quality team by championing the adherence to the Quality Management System and Health and Safety Policies.
• Have ownership and responsibility for scheduling of all study related work for the Operations team.
• Communicate any capacity issues with the Senior Management Team when required and actively contribute to finding a solution.
• Contribute to ensuring projects are completed within the customer driven timeframe.
• Lead on larger scale improvement projects in support of continuous improvement.
• Identify or contribute to discussions areas of Operations that require improvement.
• Present improvement project outcomes to senior management sharing benefits and gains achieved.
Training and Development
• Champion and implement learning and development plans to develop your team to achieve their personal career goals.
• Contribute to the scientific knowledge growth within both your team and the wider Study Scientist teams.
• In support of continual learning, attend training courses to improve your individual knowledge as indicated or approved by the senior team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
We would like you to have the following:
• An MSc/PhD Degree in a relevant biological or pharmaceutical field or at least 5+ years of equivalent experience in an academic research or CRO environment.
• Previous experience of managing teams/people is desirable but not essential.
• Technical knowledge of the common assays used in our business.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behaviours, we would like you to be:
• Approachable to encourage employees to ask questions and develop.
• Adaptable and open to change to achieve the most efficient processes.
• An active listener, empathetic, supportive and competent in carrying out 1:1s with team members.
• Leading by example, have a strong work ethic with respect to meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
• An excellent communicator who is able to foster relationships externally and internally at all levels within the business.
• Resilient with high levels of emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective.
• Highly aware of what’s happening in other areas of the business in order to anticipate imminent business needs and prepare in advance.
• Able to lead and drive productivity and motivation within the team.
• Focused with an exceptional attention for detail.
• Solutions driven which helps to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
• Goal orientated for both self and the wider team.
• Engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
• Customer focused with the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
• A champion for self-learning and sharing best practice with colleagues in support of employee development.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
• Starting salary of £37,209, which is linked to performance related pay.
• 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
• Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
• Flexible working.
• Yearly Audible subscription.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• On-site car parking.
• Free Healthy Snacks.
• Merit Award Recognition Scheme.
• The opportunity to join several committees or focus groups (Employee Engagement, Wellness, Recognition, Health & Safety or Social Committee).