At Antibody Analytics, our Immunology team work on our extensive portfolio of complex primary cell models that faithfully replicate in vivo immune cell interactions, allowing us to help our Clients understand the therapeutic potential of their drug candidates. Our team is expanding, and we are looking for experienced immunologists to join us. If you have the background knowledge, coupled with experience in flow cytometry and in vitro primary immune cell assays we would love to hear from you.
ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
As Associate Scientific Director you will be an expert in the technical and scientific management of projects within a specific scientific subject area and have significant technical experience in a range of appropriate techniques. Reporting to the Scientific Director, you will be capable of independently leading a team of Senior Study Managers and Senior Study Scientists to deliver on new sales opportunities and forecast operations revenue in your team/specialism. Specifically, acting as Project Lead, you will provide sound scientific guidance both internally and externally, from project scoping to completion for multiple, concurrent client projects. You will also be responsible for working with the Scientific Director to execute their plans in your team to grow service offerings, competence and productivity. You will have regular direct contact with customers and will represent the Company during client communication and other external events.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
• Independently provide scientific and technical direction internally and externally to Clients, for current and prospective studies within your area of expertise, supporting Senior Study Managers and Study Managers during interactions with Clients.
• Evaluate data analysis and interpretation of complex datasets from a variety of relevant platforms, supporting and guiding your team to define appropriate next steps in client projects.
• Train and mentor the team in your area of expertise, encouraging a culture of continuous scientific and technical development.
• Ensure customer studies are resourced appropriately within your team, identifying areas where additional training and support will be required.
• Ensure direct reports have goals and objectives related to their job role and company objectives.
• Conduct performance and training reviews in accordance with company policies.
• Oversee and challenge the team on study timelines and capacity.
• Actively support continuous improvement projects, including the continuous improvement of study management processes and development of scientific and technical expertise.
• Be responsible for the delivery of revenue targets and milestones for studies managed within your team.
• Directly manage complex customer projects when required.
• Ensure effective management of customers in terms of scientific updates and study timelines from the team.
• Support the Sales Lead and use your role as a subject matter expert to guide customers in study design. Align their needs with your understanding of the Company’s capabilities and provide realistic expectations to the Sales team and Clients.
• Design deliverable studies for customers based on a full understanding of the customer requirements.
• Take the role of Technical Lead on new project calls with customers.
• Support the sales process through contract/proposal/change order drafting and technical review.
• Understand and deliver transparent costings for new projects.
• Prepare knowledge transfer documents to enable flow of information to the Study Manager.
• Prepare and review scientific content (including data) to support customer enquiries and the marketing strategy including, generation of company presentations, whitepapers, blogs and website content.
• Represent the company at external meetings and events when required.
• In addition, train and mentor Senior Study Managers to confidently fulfil the role of Product Specialist.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
We would like you to have the following:
• A degree in a relevant biomedical field with significant technical experience.
• At least 5 years project management experience especially overseeing multiple and complex projects in academic/commercial research or CRO environments.
• Strong technical and theoretical knowledge in a relevant field.
• Previous experience with customer engagement interactions or a commercial setting would be advantageous.
• People/line management experience.
• Project lead, assay development and troubleshooting expertise.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behavior's, we would like you to be:
• Approachable to encourage employees to ask questions and develop.
• Adaptable and open to change to achieve the most efficient processes.
• An active listener, empathetic, supportive and competent in carrying out 1:1s with team members.
• Leading by example, have a strong work ethic with respect to meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
• An excellent communicator who is able to foster relationships externally and internally at all levels within the business.
• Resilient with high levels of emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective.
• Highly aware of what’s happening in other areas of the business in order to anticipate imminent business needs and prepare in advance.
• Able to lead and drive productivity and motivation within the team.
• Focused with an exceptional attention for detail.
• Solutions driven which helps to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
• Goal orientated for both self and the wider team.
• Engaging and communicative with all colleagues to continually enhance knowledge and experience.
• Customer focused with the customer at the heart of everything that you do.
• A champion for self-learning and sharing best practice with colleagues in support of employee development.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
• Starting salary of £52,125, dependent on experience, which is linked to performance related pay.
• 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
• Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
• Flexible working.
• Yearly Audible subscription.
• Refer a Friend Scheme.
• On-site car parking.
• Free Healthy Snacks.
• Merit Award Recognition Scheme.
• The opportunity to join several committees or focus groups (Employee Engagement, Wellness, Recognition, Health & Safety or Social Committee).