We are looking for
Business Development Director
ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
We are seeking an ambitious, UK-based Business Development Director (BDD) to join our organisation as the next chapter in our growth journey begins. A naturally strong communicator, the BDD will convey gravitas as they effectively and convincingly articulate the company's value propositions to potential customers, digitally and in person. Using their first-hand experience of service provision to the large molecule therapeutics development sector, the BDD will have a keen understanding of the various stakeholders, and customer personas, understanding their individual needs and challenges at the different stages of the drug development journey. Using this knowledge, the BDD will be responsible for the creation of a strategic approach to increase new customer acquisition from this market sector globally. An experienced line manager, the BDD will lead by example, training and championing the Business Development team, to enable them to deliver upon the new customer growth plan, and to lead the team to be successful in their respective territories. The BDD will maintain and report on team and organisational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to deliver continual improvements and honing of the plan to meet the company’s growth plans.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
- Embody the company's value proposition, seamlessly interacting with prospects from different backgrounds and across a range of seniority levels. Expertly articulate the value proposition of the company and its services, clearly demonstrating how we provide value.
- Represent the company at international conferences and potential customer meetings. Arranging and leading meetings and presenting the company on the global stage where appropriate.
- Use market insights, and a deep of knowledge the company’s services and future services and R&D plans, to define new potential target markets and sectors for incorporation into the strategic and tactical BD plan.
- Have experience of the software tools relevant to the BD team, including CRM and databases, for example including HubSpot, ZoomInfo, Chorus, Monday.com, Zymewire and Teams
- Ensure, at all times and in all communications, the highest standards of professional conduct, loyalty, honesty, and integrity. Demonstrate the highest standards of tolerance and respect for all individuals.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
- We would like you to have the following:
- A degree in life sciences, or equivalent experience in a relevant life sciences organisation is essential.
- A PhD or advanced business degree is desirable.
- 5+ years commercial experience working within the Contract Testing/Research Industry with a demonstrated ability to build high performing teams that drive revenue growth from new customer acquisition.
We would like you to possess:
- A passion for science and technology: to establish productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, you should have a genuine interest in science and technology and be able to understand the complexity of the services offered by the company to better align the company’s ambition with the market.
- A good reputation within the biotherapeutics development network, allowing you to deliver relevant insights to the Company and rapidly impact network growth, and reputation of the company.
- An exceedingly strong, clear, enthusiastic and authoritative communicator, being at ease in customer-facing and networking situations, with the ability to influence those around you. Be at ease with any stakeholder and build genuine and valuable relationships internally and externally.
- An adaptable nature, allowing you to flex easily in response to changing internal priorities and market conditions, ensuring that the company continues to evolve.
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to rapidly assimilate information, distilling key features and take home messages to feedback into your plans.
- An entrepreneurial mindset, not simply be satisfied with the status quo, you should have a willingness to challenge norms, take calculated risks, think creatively and identify new ways to attract new customers to the company.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Competitive salary, related to experience.
- Bonus scheme.
- 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
- Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
- Flexible working.
- Yearly Audible subscription.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- On-site car parking.
- Free Healthy Snacks.
- Merit Award Recognition Scheme.