We are looking for
Study Start-Up Manager
ANTIBODY ANALYTICS - WHO WE ARE or ABOUT US
We are an innovative and vibrant biotechnology company. We believe that scientists deserve the best data and patients deserve the best drugs, so our mission is to provide our drug development partners with data of outstanding quality which gives them confidence to expedite new healthcare solutions to market. We began in 2015 and through our expertise, technology, and amazing employees we have grown to where we are today, and we plan to keep on growing. We’re not all scientists and academics, we are a diverse, talented, and fun team who enjoy the occasional pizza Friday, but what’s at the core of what we do is our culture and values – that’s what makes us proud and stand out.
As Study Start Up Manager, you will have a central role within the Operations team and will be the first person to initiate work on new contracts for customers. Your role will involve collaborating and working closely with Customers, Study Teams, the Commercial Team and Study Support Teams to interpret the requirements of new contracts to ensure that reagents, materials, cells and samples for new studies are on-site and ready for use. You will then organise effective handover meetings with Study Mangers to provide them with the best possible start to their studies. From that point, you will also have a key role in scheduling laboratory activities to ensure that requests for laboratory time made by Study Managers are effectively managed to maximise laboratory capacity.
WHAT WE EXPECT YOU TO DO
Planning of Customer Studies
- Act as a primary customer contact for the set-up of new studies immediately following agreement of a new contract.
- Ensure in-house primary cell stocks are appropriately maintained, organised, screened and allocated to studies to provide all studies with the required cells.
- Ensure that appropriate licence agreements are in place for immortalised cell lines allocated to studies.
- Interpret proposals and contractual information from the Commercial Team to identify requirements and all potential bottlenecks in the set-up of studies in terms of critical equipment, samples, reagents and materials and standardised documentation.
- Communicate with customers, suppliers and the Operations Team to drive new studies to a ‘lab-ready’ status as efficiently as possible and typically in advance of Study Manager assignment.
- Perform a smooth handover of new studies to the Study Manager to ensure relevant people are fully informed on the status of the study to provide the best transition from the set-up stage to the laboratory stage.
- Provide accurate forecast timelines by which new studies will be ‘lab ready’.
- Ensure study set up is performed in line with the QMS.
- Ensure laboratory capacity is assigned effectively to meet laboratory requests made by Study Managers.
- Design and implement new processes, ensuring that the procedure for setting up new studies is efficient to enable the continuous improvement of study delivery and to simplify and optimise procedures.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the Operations team is following health and safety regulation and policies to minimise risk in the workplace, including preparation of COSHH and risk assessments.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU
We would like you to have the following:
- The Study Start-Up Manager will have experience of study set up and delivery in an industry laboratory (ideally CRO environment). You will have a good technical understanding of some of the assays Antibody Analytics performs.
- A degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
To support a culture within Antibody Analytics which is aligned to our company values and behaviours, we would like you to be:
- Highly organised, be productive with the ability to deliver your work on time and to a high standard.
- An excellent communicator and able to foster relationships externally and internally at all levels within the business.
- Friendly with a helpful attitude, always looking at ways to add value and improve efficiencies.
- Self-aware, have emotional intelligence with the ability to see things from others’ perspective.
- A team player to learn, grow, support, and share best practice with colleagues.
- Focused, with an exceptional attention for detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive.
- Of a curious mindset, question, listen and enhance your own knowledge and development.
- A champion for self-learning and development in support of employee development.
- Solutions driven which helps to solve problems and drive continuous improvement.
- Customer focused with our customers at the heart of everything that you do.
- Goal-oriented, who is motivated to deliver success for both the individual and the wider team.
- Able to see the big picture and translate this to meaningful decisions/actions.
- Flexible and adaptable.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM US
You will get the chance to learn, grow, develop, and enhance your career within a biotechnology company at the forefront of drug development strategies. In addition, the company offers the following benefits package:
- Starting salary of £31,029, which is linked to performance related pay.
- 32 days holiday per annum (inclusive of public holidays) which increases to a maximum of 37.
- Death in Benefit Service which includes access to a 24/7 virtual GP.
- Flexible working.
- Yearly Audible subscription.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- On-site car parking.
- Free Healthy Snacks.
- Merit Award Recognition Scheme.
- The opportunity to join several committees or focus groups (Employee Engagement, Wellness, Recognition, Health & Safety or Social Committee).